Collection of Personal Information
It is not necessary to provide any personal information to use this website. You can visit much of our website without telling us who you are or submitting any personal information. However, in order to take advantage of certain features available through this site, it may be necessary to provide personal information. We may ask for some personal information when you send us a comment or question, or when you request information through our site. This personal information may include your name, telephone number, e-mail address, and possibly other information. If you do not want to give us any personal information, you can choose not to use these features of our website.
Where you have provided Clovis with your contact information, we may use your information to communicate with you about our relationship, and with your consent if required by applicable law, to send you information about the company, our products or services, and other information we believe you may find of interest.
In accordance with applicable law, Clovis’ legal grounds for processing your personal information are that the processing is:
- necessary for our legitimate interest (that is to operate the website, ensure its security and respond to your queries);
- necessary in order to comply with our legal obligations; or
- carried out with your consent or at your direction, to provide you with the information and services that you request, which you will be free to revoke, although in that event it may be necessary to retain some information to comply with our legal obligations or protect our rights and interests.
If you do not provide certain information to us, we may, in some circumstances, be unable to comply with our obligations or provide you with the services that you request. We will tell you about the implications of not providing certain information.
Clovis takes its responsibility to keep your information private very seriously. Accordingly, Clovis shares your personal information only under limited circumstances. We may share your personal information with the following third parties:
- Authorized U.S., and other foreign third-party vendors and service providers. We may share your information with third-party vendors and service-providers that help us with specialized services, including billing, payment processing, customer service, email deployment, business analytics, marketing, advertising, performance monitoring, hosting, and data processing.
- Corporate affiliates. We may share your information with our corporate affiliates that are subject to this policy for the purposes set out above. A list of our corporate affiliates can be found at https://clovisoncology.com/locations/.
- Business transfers. We may share your information in connection with a completed or proposed corporate transaction, such as the sale of all or part of the Clovis group of companies, a merger, consolidation, asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- Legal purposes. We may disclose information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, law enforcement requests, legal claims or government inquiries, or as otherwise may be required or permitted by applicable law, and to protect and defend the rights, interests, health, safety, and security of Clovis, our affiliates, users, or the public.
- With your consent or at your direction. We may share information for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect the information or pursuant to your consent or direction. Where you choose to post information in the form of public comments this information shall be accessible by members of the public.
International Data Transfers
This website is maintained by Clovis in the United States, but the information you provide will be accessible to our collaborators and service providers in other countries in which Clovis operates. A list of the countries in which Clovis operates can be found at A list of our corporate affiliates can be found at https://clovisoncology.com/locations/. If you are visiting this site from a country other than the United States, your communication with us will necessarily result in the transfer of information across international borders. The laws of the United States or other jurisdictions may not provide the same level of data protection as the laws in your country.
- For individuals residing in the EU only: Your information will be transferred to countries outside your own, such as the US, where privacy protections under law may be lower than in your own country. Clovis implements measures such as Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission to ensure that any transferred personal information remains protected and secure. A copy of these clauses can be obtained by contacting us at the address listed below in the “Contact Information” section.
In accordance with applicable law, you may have the right to object to or request restriction of processing of your personal information, and the right to request access, rectification, erasure and portability of your personal information. Where Clovis is using your information on the basis of your consent, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time without affecting the lawfulness of the processing based on consent before its withdrawal. Requests should be submitted in writing to the address listed below in the “Contact Information” section.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with your data protection authority and, where provided for under the applicable law, demand compensation for the damages that you have suffered as a result of unlawful processing of your personal information.
Rights of California Residents. Once we receive your request, we may request additional information sufficient to confirm your identity. We will request evidence that whomever is submitting the request has valid written authority to submit requests on your behalf. We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights and choices except where required or permitted by law.
In addition to other rights California residents may have under state law, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We do not disclose your personal information to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction by using security precautions that provide for industry standard protection. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure. As a result, to the extent permitted under the applicable law, we make no warranty, express or implied, concerning the security or integrity of any personal information.
Clovis will keep your personal information for a reasonable period of time that enables us to communicate with you, provide you with any services you request, maintain business records for audit purposes or to meet recordkeeping requirements under the law, defend or bring any legal claims and deal with any queries or complaints you may have.
Links to Other Sites
Some of our website features may contain links to third-party websites or services that are not under our control. Such links do not constitute an endorsement of those third parties or the content displayed on their sites. We provide these links to you only as a convenience, and any information you provide to those third parties will be used as described by the third parties in their own privacy policies. We cannot be held liable for any actions by or content provided by such third-party websites.
It is our policy not to collect, maintain, or process personal information from persons we know to be minors in your jurisdiction without parental consent, unless permitted by law. If you are the parent or guardian of a minor whom you believe may have provided personal information to us, please contact us and we will promptly delete such information from our files.
Visitors below the age of majority in your jurisdiction must obtain permission from their parent or guardian before registering on this website, sending any personal information, participating in online discussions, or submitting content to this website. Unless otherwise specified, you must be at least the age of majority in your jurisdiction to participate in any online promotion or contest. Clovis may restrict the ability of any visitor to submit content or to access any part of the website at Clovis’ sole discretion.